Monday, August 29, 2016

The 3 Day Fast - Day One

So here we go, I was thinking about what I am going to do about this weight gain and since I have run out of excuses to keep gaining what is my next move. Well, this morning I woke up and thought about fasting for 3 days to flush the muck and maybe the negativity out of my system.

So it's day one and I am already filled with excitement and a slight hint of dread. It's odd that as soon as I started typing this post I suddenly felt hungry where I have not been hungry all morning. Food is a powerful drug.

Plan today, focus on water consumption and exercise. I need to find something positive to replace my hunger pains. No idea what that might be but we will see.

Regarding my health, I am up 40 lbs from 2012, I cannot imagine there is any real health risk with the amount of fat I have to lose. My body should start provide ketones so I can start breaking down fat for fuel in the next 48 hours. By day 3 I should feel my energy return be ready by day 4 to be ready and adjusted for the next phase.

Wish me luck.

No comments: