Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Breakfast Roulade



In an attempt to find something new to eat, I had seen a photo of some sort of egg roulade on the internet recently and tried my best to create a low-carb version. Some improvisation was required as I did not know what ingredients I might have laying around. So this is what I came up with...

6 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup Sugar Free Almond Milk
1/2 Cup Almond Flour
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese
1/2 Small Onion (diced)
4 slices bacon sliced into small pieces
3 cups of baby spinach

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Wisk the Eggs, Milk, Flour, Salt and Pepper in a bowl. Line a 1/2 sheet pan, 9X13 I think, with parchment paper. Spray lightly with cooking spray and pour the mixture in. I had to press the edges down to force the egg mix into the corners. Put in the oven for about 10 minutes...I honestly have no idea but until it cooked but still a little runny on top.

While this is cooking start on the bacon cooking it about 3/4 of the way and then add the spinach and onion and sweat them.

Remove the egg from the oven and spread the bacon, onion and some of the spinach over the eggs and put it back in the oven until it's firm. Seems like it took another 5-10 minutes. I went outside and shot a few baskets with my Son so I am not positive how long it was.

When it was done I removed it from the pan by the parchment paper and set it on a cooling rack for a couple of minutes. Don't let it sit too long because cold eggs are gross. Once it's cool enough to handle pull it from the rack and set on a flat surface and using the parchment paper roll it up.

I put some of the remaining spinach on a plate and put the slices on top. The drizzled with a little Chulula. Only thing left to do is eat it and enjoy.

No comments: