Friday, March 19, 2010

2010 Race #2

OK, so am I regreting my past excitement for the 2010 race season starting. Perhaps, dunno. Been having lots of pain in my knees and legs in general recently. The only thing that is new or different is I switched from Asics to a New Balance neutral shoe.

Since that switch any runs over about 3 miles become very uncomfortable. It's not a stabbing or intense pain but my joints seem loose and flimsy as if my knee could just as easily bend in either direction. So I am going back to the Asics and see how they hold up. Perhaps these NB will make a good pair of cross trainers.

Because of this I have not been pushing my training very hard as it's just not really been that much fun. I don't want to feel like I need to force myself to get out there and run. However, I am also not naive enought to think there will never be days where I just don't feel like it because their certainly are.

So here we go, race #2. In January my training runs that were at a 6 mile distance were around 54 minutes. I was hoping to be closer to sub 50 for this race but I guess I am just going to have to be happy with something closer to sub 60.

On On

No comments: