Wednesday, January 6, 2021

 

Spiced Egg Salad and Greens

2 Eggs (Hard Boiled)

2 (30g) Tablespoons Mayo

2 (15g) Tablespoons of Mozzarella Cheese

2 (12g) Tablespoons of Chopped Green Onion

2 Cups of Salad Greens

Optional:

Pinch Paprika

Pinch Cayenne Pepper



Directions:

Note:  I made the egg salad in the morning while I was making breakfast and drinking my coffee.  It is better if it has time to cool for an hour or more but you can still eat it fresh if you wish.

  1. Add Eggs to small sauce pan and cover with cool water about 1 inch.
  2. Bring water to a boil, once the water is boiling turn off the heat and cover the pan.
  3. Let the eggs rest in the covered pan for 10 minutes.
  4. Remove the eggs and place in an Ice Bath.  Basically just get a bowl and put a few ice cubes in it with water.  This will stop the quickly cool the eggs and stop the cooking process.
  5. Peel the eggs and dice into smaller pieces.
  6. In a medium Bowl ( I just rinsed the one I used for the ice bath) add the Mayo, Mozzarella Cheese, Chopped Green Onion and the Optional Spices (I prefer spicy food but you do you).
  7. Add in the Chopped Eggs and mix it all together.
  8. When it's time to eat just grab some greens of your choice, I used Spring Mix, put that in the bowl and then add the Egg Salad on top and enjoy.  
This was much better than I expected, next time I will probably add some extra Cayenne Pepper but otherwise delicious.

Nutrition (May vary based on egg size, mayo brand, etc)
  • 400 Calories
  • 4g Carbs 
  • 2g Fiber
  • 16g Protein
  • 35g Fat

No comments: