Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Destroy What Destroys You!

Start Date: 10/07/2013
Begin Weight: 203 -- Ackk!
Current Weight: 203
Goal Weight: 165

Well there it is, it's official I am no longer below 200 lbs.  For whatever reason I have lost the motivation and struggled most of the summer trying to find it.  After a weekend of excess I reluctantly stepped on the scale to find that my weight no longer begins with a 1 but rather a 2!  WTF!

I believe that I have been so busy patting myself on the back for my successes that I lost sight of how I got there.  My eating habits have devolved to the typical foods that got me to 300 several years ago.  The worst part is that I know I am not making good choices just based on how generally shitty I have felt for the last 6 months or so.

Exercise has been tapering off as well with workouts only coming 3 times per week with an occasional mountain bike ride.  The only thing that has got me out running is trying to keep up with my Wife, whom is kicking ass btw.  So proud of her and love her company on my runs, it's the highlight of my week.

So here I am, while I have a feeling that a large part of the weight is just bloat from to much beer and chili camping this weekend and will quickly drop off but I really need to get back down to that 175 range and possibly lower.  Running at 200 blows, my joints, feet and back are all pissed about it.

I am on day 3 of induction right now and already feeling better.  I am going to try and limit weigh-ins to once a week, no promises as I am rather addicted to the scale.

It's interesting that after living unhealthy for so many years I had adapted to that lifestyle and feeling like shit all of the time felt normal.  Now that I have adjusted my "normal" to something better I am able to recognize that my body is screaming for my attention.  I need to find my normal again.

Throughout each phase of my weight loss journey I have taken on a mantra that has helped me stay focused when I wanted to give up.  I feel like my body is telling me that I not only need to get my shit together but that it's destroying me not only physically and emotionally.  So there it is, "Destroy What Destroy's You!".

On On

2 comments:

-Chris said...

Welcome back man. I was wondering id we'd ever see ya again. I totally know that feeling you're talking about. It usually hits me after a vacation where I've had to much bread/beer/chips/shots/or pasta.

Batlou said...

Thanks, I am going to have to start posting again as it keeps me on track. Heading out on a 3 day backpacking trip this weekend. I planned my menu originally to be light and included pasta and potato's. Thinking of scraping the high-carb stuff and sticking to basics. Nuts, Fruit, dried meats & Cheese. Will not be light but will be better for me.