Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Well, This is What It Looks Like

Induction Beginning Date: 1/4/2021

Starting Weight: 252.4
Current Weight: 248.6
Goal Weight: 180









Todays Menu (Recipe's Available on request)

Breakfast:  Sour Cream and Chive Egg Scramble and 2 Slices of Bacon
Lunch:  Egg Salad and Greens
Dinner:  Grilled Mahi Mahi and Sautéed Garlic Zucchini
Snack:  Smoked Almonds


I don't even know how to start other than just being honest with my readers and myself.  This blog was a very important part of my health plan and I think me stepping away from it was a contributing factor in me spinning out of control.  

The last 3 years have been filled with ups and downs and stress eating and drinking got completely out of control.  It's now January 2021 and I have to get control of this ASAP.  Had COVID in July, slept for 2 weeks, almost hospitalized but was told they would like intubate and quarantine me.  Spent the next 2 weeks trying to stay awake and have still not felt 100% since.  Exercise has been non existent and work is non stop.

My job required me to be on site for work for some reason, I'm in IT.  Nothing I was doing there that I could not do at home.  Great people to work with but "old school" mentality regarding people working from home.  I just could not continue to go in on a daily basis and be productive.  Fortunately I found a position that allows me to work from home on a contract position and I am loving this option.  The commute, walking down the stairs to the basement, is my favorite part.

My Wife and I purchased a Bakery in April of 2019.  We are surviving but COVID shut downs have taken our profits and turned them mostly into losses so we are just trying to break even each month.  Fortunately we saw an uptick last quarter and I am feeling good about 2021 returning to some level of normal or at least the "to be determined - New Normal".  I'll talk about the Bakery at a later time.  I'll just say that it turns out, I like dessert...ughh.

Having said all of that, I am still considering myself very blessed.  I survived COVID, I have a job that helps offset the losses at the Bakery and sales are improving as I think everyone is learning to cope with the shutdowns, quarantines and life in general.

Regarding COVID and staying safe, I started being much more disciplined at taking regular vitamins.  This has helped in some regard. The one that surprised me the most was adding Vitamin D3 to my daily routine.  The Doctor explained that during the winter especially we don't get nearly enough sunlight and D3 is critical to our overall health but particularly to fighting off infections and virus's.  

I have been taking Innovative Therapeutics D3 each day.  Sorry for the plug but I think this might have given me the biggest boost and can be found here.  Innovative Therapeutics D3 



On On....




No comments: