Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Insanity Day 1 - The Fit Test

So Ironman is over and I am onto the next challenge.  Next year I want to run my first Full Marathon as a stand alone event.  One thing I found though during my training for IM that weight loss does not go hand and hand with endurance training.  So I am going to focus for the next 4 months on getting my weight down about 25-30 pounds and then start ramping up running again in Jan.  During this time I plan to continue to run but just limit it to fun runs and short distances maxing at maybe 6-8 miles.

The second component is to get my diet back inline which I did last week and I already feel better.  I understand that being on low-carb will make workouts a bit more challenging I will adapt just like before after 3 or 4 months.  By then hopefully my weight will be back where it needs to be just in time for running to start increasing.


Insanity Fit Test last night. Wow, it was harder than I thought and I felt a little pain in several areas that I guess I have negleted during the last year. Movements where a little tricky as well, so I am hoping that I see improvements in 2 weeks just based on feeling more comfortable with the movements.


I am also going to use this time to get my running partner, Zoey my dog, back into shape.  She is great to run with but I was worried about the heat this summer and as my runs kept getting longer and longer I found her dragging a bit so I stopped taking her.  She was very excited to go out for a short 3 mile run tonight although I have to remember to not feed her just before.  I think she had a bit of a stomach ache from a full tummy.

No comments: