Friday, April 1, 2011

IronMan 70.3 Muncie


Well it's official I am signed up for Muncie 70.3. For those of you that are unfamiliar with Triathlon's and their distances. This is considered a Half IronMan distance at 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike and 13.1 mile run. 2 years ago I went for my first run and could barely go for 60 seconds, thanks to C25K.com and a lot of encouragement from my family I am able to pursue this newfound passion.

My plan all along has been to do a Sprint the first year and then Olympic distance the second eventually leading up to IronMan Louisville in 2012. Over the last 2+ years I have often had a hard time keeping myself in check as this whole fitness thing is so new to me I want to do more than what I am ready for. It's difficult to balance what I want to do with what I am capable of and most importantly what my Family as a whole is willing to sacrifice.

This is a very time consuming sport regarding training and as I build up closer to my race I will more frequently have 2 a day workouts along with 3-4 hours bike rides and 2 hour runs on the weekends. My Wife has been very understanding but I also don't blame her for being frustrated at times with me for being gone a lot.

Here it goes, it's now 15 weeks until race day and I am right where I need to be regarding training. Hope all goes well and I can stay healthy between now and then.

Thanks Honey for once again putting up with me and my mid-life crisis. I LOVE YOU!!!

No comments: